Also known as Washboard abs.
This procedure aims to reveal the hidden “six pack” abs contour by carefully suctioning the fat along the muscle lines to give a muscular definition in the abdominal area and provide a flatter look.
Small incisions of 1-2 mm are made in the belly button or in the abdomen natural creases as at these locations the scars are easily concealed. Using a special cannula the surgeons removes exercise-resistant fat deposits in small amounts aiming to highlight your individual muscular structure.
|WHERE IS IT DONE|
General Anaesthesia Or Local Anaesthesia
INCISIONS, STITCHES & SCARS
The plastic surgeon makes very small incisions of 1-2 mm length in your belly button or in the crease between your abdominal muscles such the resulting scars are small and barely visible.
|STAY AT CLINIC|
|Less than 24 Hours|
HOW IS IT PERFORMED?
- The surgeon using a suction cannula removes a small amount of fat around the patient’s natural muscular contours of the patient and sculpts the abdomen aiming to create a more athletic contour.
- Prior to the procedure, the surgeon marks the borders of the patient’s flexed ab muscles in details and uses the markings to remove fat along them and thus highlighting the individual muscle structures.
- The cannula used in abdominal etching is more flexible than the one used for traditional liposuction procedures.
|REST AT HOME BEFORE RESUMING OFFICE WORK|
AFTER CARE AND RECOVERY
- Wear compression garments for 3 to 6 weeks after the surgery.
- A mild to moderate degree of pain, swelling and bruising can be seen, these are normal and can be managed with medication.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise especially lifting weights for at least 3 weeks.
- Healing is a gradual process, and you should be patient to see the accurate results of the surgery. These should be easily visible within 6 months.
|FOLLOW UP VISITS|
|1 Week After the Surgery|
HOW LONG WILL MY RESULTS LAST?
The results yielded by abdominal etching, just like liposuction surgery are technically permanent as the surgeon removes the fat cells from the target area. However, few fat cells would still be left. If you take an excess calorie intake, it will be converted to fat and deposited in the body. Where exactly, it gets deposited is hard to predict. But the remaining fat cells would still have the propensity to increase in size. Further your body shape and contours can be affected by lifestyle factors, ageing, pregnancy and hereditary factors. Hence to maintain the results, for a long time, it is important that you keep your weigh stable.
Maintain good communication with the aesthetic plastic surgeon
Keeping safety in mind as well as for the most beautiful outcome of the procedure, we advise that you visit the clinic for follow-up evaluation at prescribed times and whenever you notice any changes in the treatment areas. Do not hesitate to contact the surgeon when you have any questions or concerns.
Click here for the cost for Abdominal Etching.
LIMITATIONS & RISKS
Significant complications from Abdominal etching, fortunately, are infrequent. The risks specific to your health will be discussed during the consultation. Thousands of men undergo this procedure every year and are glad with the results.
Some specific risks include
- Excessive scarring of the skin or inside where “etching” was performed
- If a liposuction was performed alongside abdominal etching, you ought to consider the dangers of liposuction too.
- “Dog Ears” can occur after healing which are triangles of skin in the folds where abdominoplasty was performed.
Every surgery has some risks associated with it. Some potential ones include
- Adverse response to the specific med
- Damage to the underlying structures during the procedure
- Hematoma or seroma (an aggregation of blood or liquid under the skin that might require removal)
- Infection and bleeding
- Changes in sensation
- Unsatisfactory results that might necessitate additional procedures
You can minimize certain risks by following the instructions given by the doctor both before and after the surgery.