Few individuals have an unusually plump limps disproportionate to their facial architecture. Lip reduction surgery aids them in getting a well-balanced look. This operation yields permanent results. Other procedures for Lip enhancement include, lip injections with fillers or fat transfer, lip lifts, vermillion (lip) advancement and permanent makeup.
Many people who consider lip reduction also consider fillers, facial implants.
|WHERE IS IT DONE|
This procedure is usually performed under a local anaesthesia. Sometimes the surgeon might recommend general anaesthesia if the case necessitates it.
INCISIONS, STITCHES & SCARS
Minimal incisions are made and very small sutures are placed, which will be removed 5-6 days later.
The surgeon strategically plans and places the incisions and stitches for the surgery in terms of number, size, material, location and technique aiming to keep the resulting scar minimal, hidden and not easily visible eye.
|STAY AT CLINIC|
|5-6 hours after the surgery for the sake of monitoring.|
HOW IS IT PERFORMED?
After a strategically planned incision is made the surgeon removes the extra fat and fibrous tissue from the lips for attaining the desired shape.
|REST AT HOME BEFORE RESUMING OFFICE WORK|
AFTERCARE AND RECOVERY
- After the surgery, for a day or two, the patient will experience bruising and swelling with a mild to moderate degree of discomfort. This is natural and expected and can be reduced by using a cold compress or some pain medication.
- Stitches would be removed in four to six days. Absorbable sutures will be placed inside the mouth and these would dissolve in a similar time frame.
- Soft diet is advised for up to ten days.
- You can resume your work related activities after 3-4 days.
- You may resume going to the gym and playing sports after four to six weeks.
|FOLLOW UP VISITS|
|1 week after the surgery.|
HOW LONG WILL MY RESULTS LAST?
Lip reduction surgery yields permanent results. You will be able to notice the difference immediately after the surgery. However, the results will take their best shape after 2 weeks, after the swelling has subsided.
MAINTAIN GOOD COMMUNICATION WITH THE AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGEON
Keeping safety in mind as well as for the most beautiful outcome of the procedure, we advise that you visit the clinic for follow-up and evaluation at prescribed times. Also do not hesitate to contact the doctor if you notice any changes in the treatment areas or when you have any concerns and queries.
Click here for the cost for Lip reduction surgery.
LIMITATIONS & RISKS
Significant complications from Lip reduction surgery, fortunately, are infrequent. The risks specific to your health will be discussed during the consultation. Thousands of people undergo this procedure every year and are glad with the results.
Every surgery has some risks associated with it. Some potential ones include:
- Adverse response to the specific med
- Damage to the underlying structures during the procedure
- Hematoma or seroma (an aggregation of blood or liquid under the skin that might require removal)
- Infection and bleeding
- Changes in sensation
- Unsatisfactory results that might necessitate additional procedures
SOME RISKS, SPECIFIC TO LIP REDUCTION SURGERY AT THE OPERATED SITE INCLUDE:
- Swelling & redness
These post-operative effects are expected and not usually a case for worry. However, do not hesitate to contact the doctor if they are troubling to you.
You can minimize certain risks by following the instructions given by the doctor both before and after the surgery.